Going to College in the U.S.

Transferring to College in the U.S.

Many MLI students have gone on to study at colleges in the U.S.

There are 2 ways to transfer to college from MLI:
1) Take a TOEFL® or IELTS™ course, obtain the required score, apply, and transfer.
2) Transfer to one of MLI's affiliated colleges by completing a specified level of the ESL program.

Partner Colleges Affiliated with MLI

MLI has many partner colleges within California that allow MLI students to transfer without taking TOEFL® or other entrance examinations.

Below, you will see the list of colleges guaranteeing that you can enter if you complete the high intermediate level (middle advanced level) of our ESL program.

  • Santa Monica College
  • Glendale Community College
  • Pasadena City College
  • Cypress College
  • West LA College
  • El Camino College
  • Los Angeles Harbor College

And many others.

Also, some partner colleges allow you to attend lectures at the college while taking classes at MLI.
Because we have individual partnership contracts with each colleges, we can offer MLI students various program options.

You can prepare to go to College for Half the Price

Studying English with MLI, and then going to college will save you time and money. Before international students can take regular college courses, they must reach required English proficiency. College ESL courses are expensive, costing the same as regular college courses. MLI offers English courses at a fraction of college pricing.

For example, let's compare Santa Monica College ESL course rates to MLI course rates.

<Santa Monica College>
Fee per unit $335 / 16 weeks (number of classes per semester) = $ 20.93 / hour

<MLI Tuition>
$3,008 /320 hours (16 weeks) = $9.4 / hour

You pay more than double when you take ESL courses at college.

Furthermore, ESL programs at college do not offer college credit, and in most cases admission to the college is not guaranteed.


Copyright© Mentor Language Institute , 2018 All Rights Reserved.